Posted on April 14th, 2010
Below, the most comprehensive list of Irish wine blogs ever published.
The list of Irish wine blogs has been growing steadily, with a greater number of retailers and oenophiles coming online in the last few months. If I’ve left you out, I do humbly apologise. Please berate me in the comments below with a link to your site.
- Blake Creedon’s Wine Cork Cork’s the place, but there’s nothing corked about Blake’s bibendous blog
- Bubble Brothers Blog run almost singlehandedly by Julian Alubaidy and one of the originators of wine blogging in Ireland
- Burgundy Direct blog Blog behind specialist Burgundy importer
- Curious Wines Blog citizens Kane, Michael and Matt are bringing the thunder to online wine retailing – and blogging too
- Dermot Nolan (MW) – Master of Wine, Dermot Nolan, runs the WSET Diploma in Ireland – great range of writing
- Fork n’ Cork Ernie Whalley’s inimitable style and humour with a balanced mix of wine, food and pizza oven building.
- Free Running with Kevin Ecock great insights from one of the most knowledgible in the wine business
- Irish Wine Contemplations our very own Burghound
- Karwigs Wine blog Maurice leads from the from the front with a newly refurbished website and blog for Karwig’s Wines.
- My Grape Escape Relatively new kid on the block in blogging terms, but already clear there’s plenty to read about
- O’Briens Blog – another relatively new blog from the well known O’Brien’s
- On the grapevine blog Gabriel Cooney’s blog is a good mix of industry insight and news on offers and tastings
- Robert Francis wine Frank O’Brien brings his own thunder all the way from the west.
- Red Nose Wine – the blog behind Gary Gubbin’s new venture, rednosewine.com
- Sauce Merchant Colly Murray liked some Italian wine so much, he decided to bring it in and share it with the rest of us via his new start-up retrovino.com
- Sour Grapes. This guys drinks waaaaay too much wine. Like Winston Churchill, gets far more out of wine that it gets out of him.
- The Grapefruit – the blog behind Thomas Woodberry’s in Galway
- The Grapes of Sloth (Paul Kiernan) – Irish blog award finalist, bon viveur and raconteur extraordinaire
- Tómas Clancy – we’re lucky to have more from Tómas than his Sunday Business Post articles.
- Vinotheque (Des King) – Des runs the Dublin Wine Academy
- Wine Buff Ennis - run my David Marra, he has tasted wines up mountains and buses for our amusement. Ireland’s answer to Gary Vee?
- Willie’s Wine Blog – great value wines tasted with good honest opinions on them
- Wine and Dine Club, Cork
- Wine Perv – new blog from a sensational Alsatian. Lately he’s been seeking out good cheap Pinot, should such a thing exist.
- Wow Girls – Clare, Ruth, Evelyn and Julie, four ladies and friends in the wine business, different ages, different styles, different personalities, but with one simple thing in common. A love of wine.
This all begs the question, is there room for a best booze blog category in the Irish Blog Awards, 2011?